World-renowned design competition kicks off with new structure More eco-friendly, cost-efficient, transparent and relevant than ever — thanks to a new judging process and innovative evaluation system
>> Early-bird registrations welcome until 26 June 2020!
Every year, the iF DESIGN AWARD identifies outstanding design, its relevance for business and everyday life and awards one of the most important seals of quality in the world.
It is precisely in times of crisis like these, when the economy and society around the globe are being put to the test and new digital solutions become even more essential than ever before, that iF is a strong partner for companies and institutions worldwide.
Starting immediately, it is possible to register for the new iF DESIGN AWARD 2021 online at www.ifworIddesignguide.com.
And now, in order to focus more directly on the needs of the participants right from the start, the following changes have been put into effect:
- a digital judging process — the Online Preselection — will take place beforehand, during which only the best 50 percent of all the entries made will be admitted to the Final Jury. This makes the competition much more eco- friendly and significantly reduces logistics costs for the participants.
- a new evaluation system based on optimised criteria and the use of a new scorecard will be introduced to make the jury results more individual and more transparent.
- the two new disciplines of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) will be added to meet the current requirements for holistic design solutions.
“The consistent continued development of our iF DESIGN AWARD underscores our role as a reliable leader in design competitions,” explains iF Managing Director Ralph Wiegmann. “With the two new disciplines of UX and UI, we are responding to the current demands of the market to satisfy the increasingly user- and customer-centric discipline of design worldwide.”
Entrepreneurs, designers, agencies, developers, architects and interior designers all use the iF DESIGN AWARD as a test of their innovative design achievements every year.
Entries in the following nine disciplines will be accepted for the new iF DESIGN AWARD 2021 :
- Product Design
- Communication Design
- Packaging Design
- Interior Architecture
- Professional Concept
- Service Design
- User Experience (UX) -> NEW
- User Interface (UI) -> NEW
All the important dates at a glance:
26 June 2020 Early-bird registration deadline
30 Oct. 2020 Regular registration deadline
1 Dec. 2020 Last-chance registration deadline
18-22 Jan. 2021 Jury Step 1: Online Preselection -> NEW
29-3 1 March 2021 Jury Step 2: Final Jury on the fairgrounds in Berlin
10 May 2021 Awards Ceremony in the Friedrichstadt-Palast in Berlin
>> Registrations for the competition can be made online here.
For more information and image material, please contact:
iF International Forum Desipn GmbH
Bahnhofstrasse 8/ 30159 Hannover
Tags: IF Design Award